Despite its widespread use as an alternative to blood thinner and stroke preventer Coumadin (also known as Warfarin), the drug Xarelto is now the subject of hundreds of lawsuits as a result of injuries associated with the drug use. Victims pursuing a claim against the drug’s manufacturer allege that the drug caused severe internal bleeding, stroke, or another serious health issue. In addition, the lawsuits accuse that Janssen Pharmaceutical and Development failed to warn physicians and patients of known defects associated with the drug’s use. Since the drug has no known antidote to stop severe bleeding, victims further allege that the risks associated with Xarelto should have been clearly communicated to both medical professionals and consumers.
Current Updates Relating to Lawsuits Involving Xarelto Use
As a result of injuries relating to Xarelto use, patients and their family members are now pursuing lawsuits. The following is an update on the status of these lawsuits:
- Lawsuits against the manufacturers of Xarelto exist in multiple states.
- The lawsuits were consolidated in Louisiana in December of 2014.
- The litigation is known as Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation.
- The litigation now involves a total of 311 pending actions as of April 6, 2015.
- On April 1, 2015, a status conference was held in the United States District Court in the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- During the status conference, several topics were addressed, including coordination between the U.S. District Court and various state courts where Xarelto lawsuits are also underway.
- The status conference also addressed discovery procedures.
- The next status conference is scheduled for May 13, 2015.
If you or a loved one were injured as a result of using Xarelto, it is not too late to seek compensation for your losses. We can help protect your legal rights. We encourage you to reach out today for more information at 855-947-0707.