5 Steps to Take After News of the Halliburton Settlement
If you were an employee of Halliburton, you may be wondering how best to proceed. The following are five recommended steps:
- Consult with an experienced attorney. While it may be tempting to simply accept the settlement offered with regard to the unpaid wages you rightfully earned, doing so could mean that you receive less than you really deserve. Halliburton has a team of lawyers at its disposal to deal with these claims. It is crucial that you level the playing field by having a professional in your corner.
- Assess the amount of unpaid wages that you believe you are owed. If the settlement amount is less than this amount, which it likely is, you may wish to consider how next to proceed.
- Gather any documentation relating to the hours that you worked, the pay that you received, and the responsibilities of your job. Many employees are entitled to overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, though the exceptions are limited.
- Gather any communication between yourself and the company or the company’s attorney relating to the settlement. It is important for your lawyer to understand what has been said to date as it may impact your legal claim.
- Determine whether to accept the amount offered to you or pursue legal action against the company. While pursuing legal action may have higher upfront costs, it could potentially result in more money in your pocket when the action is over.
When you are ready to take action with regard to your wage and hour claim, we are here to help. We encourage you to reach out today for more information at (888) 449-2068.