Following a serious accident, your life quickly boils down to recovering from your injuries and trying to piece your world back together. You may be out of work due to your injuries, but are likely facing increasing medical bills, household expenses, and other costs that suddenly seem impossible.
In times like these, you are trying to recover the maximum possible amount from the insurance companies to help you get your life back to normal. The problem you face, however, is that insurance company is trying to figure out how to pay you as little as possible. Despite your injuries being the result of someone else’s negligence, suddenly you find yourself paying the price.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Following an accident, the negligent party is found liable, and his insurance company pays the other party’s medical bills, lost wages, and property damage repairs. Unfortunately, it rarely works out this way. Insurance companies are businesses focused on maximizing their own profit, so insurance adjusters will often try to get away with paying you the smallest amount possible.
By hiring an experienced personal injury attorney, you are leveling the playing field. An attorney can help you build a strong case, gathering evidence that is critical to effective recovery from the responsible party. When you have strong legal representation, it sends a message to the insurance company that you are serious about negotiating for the maximum compensation available.
If You Have Been Injured, You Deserve Strong Legal Representation
At Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P., our board-certified personal injury attorneys have over 50 combined years of legal experience fighting for injured people like yourself. We have represented clients that have been wrongly hurt in a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Car Accidents. If another driver hurt you, whether you were driving your own vehicle or traveling by foot or bicycle, you deserve compensation for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents. Accidents involving tractor trailers and other large commercial vehicles are complicated by liability and complex transportation laws, which our attorneys are experienced at handling.
- Work Accidents. Being hurt on the job sometimes involves detailed workers’ compensation claims or lawsuits against third parties. State and federal safety rules, such as OSHA regulations, only serve to complicate the picture. If you have been hurt at work, let our injury attorneys work to make things right for you.
- Jones Act and Offshore Injuries. When you are an offshore worker or longshoreman, you are covered by a different set of workers’ compensation rules governed by the Jones Act and maritime law. Let an experienced Jones Act attorney handle your injury case to ensure that you receive the proper damages, maintenance, and cure.
- Brain Injuries. Brain injuries stemming from any accident are devastating to individuals and families, and often involve permanent disability and long-term care solutions. Ensure that you receive the compensation and benefits you deserve by hiring the right attorney.
- Amputation. An accident that ends in the loss of a limb or extremity can affect an individual’s quality of life and ability to work. If you suffered an amputation in an accident, let our injury attorneys fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful Death. If your loved one died because of another person’s or company’s negligence, your entire life has changed as a result. While nothing can undo the damage caused, our firm can help ensure that you receive proper compensation to ease your financial burden following a wrongful death.
- Medical Malpractice. We trust healthcare professionals with our lives, and yet sometimes, they breach our trust at a terrible cost. If you have been injured by a negligent doctor, pharmacist, nurse, or other professional, our attorneys can help you pursue compensation.
- Defective Products. Whether you bought a product at a store or received a medical device implant, you trust that it has been thoroughly tested to industry standards. If you have been injured by a defective product, our attorneys can pursue compensation for your damages.
Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P.: Nationally Recognized Personal Injury Attorneys With a Personal Touch
To learn more about the personal injury legal representation offered by Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P., click on any of the practice areas above, or call our Washington, D.C.-based office at 202-759-5899. We offer potential clients a free, no-obligation consultation, and you pay nothing unless we obtain compensation for you. Call today or click on our live chat feature to schedule your consultation with us now.