http://www.texasovertimeattorney.com/ If you are an employee looking for information on Texas overtime and wage claims, we have your answers. Houston employment attorney David Hodges of the Law Offices of Kennedy Hodges wants to educate you about what your employer does not want you to know about overtime and wage claims in Texas. Watch this video to learn more about the most common myths, which include:
- I’m paid salary so I’m automatically not eligible for overtime.
- I agreed to work as an independent contractor so I’m not owed overtime.
- If I file a claim my boss has the right to fire me.
- It’s been over a year since I worked at the company so it’s too late to do anything.
- I don’t have my time sheets and I didn’t record the hours I worked so nothing can be done.
- Employment lawyers require payment up front and I can’t afford to pay.
- My job title and job description control whether I’m owed overtime.
- I’m a manager so I’m not due overtime.
- I’m not paid for work I do at home or after my shift because it is part of my job.
- I’m a professional nurse, paralegal or technician so I’m not automatically due overtime.
These are all MYTHS that many people believe; do NOT buy into these myths. Do not let your company get away with not paying you what is rightfully yours. Call us today and we will answer your Texas overtime and wage claim questions. You can also visit our website to read our frequently asked questions, blogs, and other information that debunks common myths about employment law. Call the Law Offices of Kennedy Hodges at (888) 449-2068 today for a free legal consultation.