Gabriel Assaad grew up in Rochester, New York. After graduating from McQuaid Jesuit High School, he attended the University of Florida and graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering in 1996. Afterwards, he worked as a design engineer for a consulting firm in Rochester, NY. Mr. Assaad then decided he wanted to go to law school and moved to Nashville, Tennessee to attend Vanderbilt University Law School.
After graduating from Vanderbilt Law School in 2001, Gabriel accepted a position with Dickstein Shapiro, LLP, a large Washington, DC law firm. At Dickstein Shapiro, he worked primarily on Patent Litigation and Patent Prosecution. In 2004, Gabriel decided to leave the Big Firm practice and pursued his goals of representing individuals in the justice system. Gabriel joined Paulson & Nace, a nationally recognized personal injury law firm in Washington, D.C. There he represented clients in personal injury, medical malpractice and product liability cases. While at Paulson and Nace, Gabriel represented hundreds of victims of negligence and was first chair or second chair in over 15 jury trials.
In 2008, Gabriel opened up his law firm in Washington, DC and continued to represent victims of negligence and medical malpractice.
In 2010, Gabriel and his wife Kristin had their first child and decided to relocate to Houston, TX to be closer to family. On January 3, 2012, Mr. Assaad joined Kennedy Hodges LLP. At Kennedy Hodges, he continued his representation of individuals that were victims of malpractice and negligence. In addition, Gabriel also represents individuals in which their employers failed to properly pay them their due wages.
Gabriel is married to Kristin, who is an assistant district attorney in Houston and has to two children, Isabel and Michael.
Verdicts and Settlements Include:
- $10.0 million class action settlement in a wage and hour case in California
- $4.3 million settlement in a medical malpractice case
- $1.7 million settlement in a medical malpractice case in Virginia
- $1.8 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case
- $1.6 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case
- $1.0 million dollar verdict in a DRAM shop case in Washington, D.C.
- $767,000 medical malpractice verdict in Washington, D.C.
- $700,000 settlement in a DRAM shop case in Houston, TX
- $555,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case in Houston, TX
Areas of Practice
- 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Wage and hour
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Industrial Accidents
- Products Liability
- Recalled Products
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Vanderbilt Law School
- University of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association,
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- Houston Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
Past Employment Positions
- Dickstein Shapiro Orin and Oshinsky, LLP
- Paulson & Nace
- Assaad Law, PLLC