A California woman who suffered permanent nerve damage after eating tainted raw tuna will recover a $3.2 million jury award, a California appeals court has ruled.
The 4th District Court of Appeals found that a judge had erred in overturning the award. According to the lawsuit, Alexis Sarti was temporarily paralyzed, spent 49 days in the hospital and permanently lost much of her ability to perform sustained activities after eating the contaminated sushi. The sushi was contaminated with bacteria from poultry. AP, San Diego Union Tribune 10/28/2008