Working in the oil and gas industry presents significant risks for employees. The potential for an accident or an injury seems to lurk around every corner. Natural gas platforms are one such location that is prime for an accident that can leave a worker with devastating injuries. While worker’s compensation benefits may be available to alleviate some of the financial burden associated with the accident, it is often insufficient to cover all costs. Fortunately, some injured victims may potentially have a claim for additional compensation against a third party. Choosing the right attorney is crucial to the success of such a claim.
Five Tips for Choosing the Right Attorney After a Natural Gas Platform Accident
How can you choose the right attorney for your third party workplace injury claim? The following are five helpful guidelines:
- Choose an attorney that you feel comfortable with. In order to have the best possible outcome for your claim, you must feel comfortable working alongside your attorney. While the attorney will provide the necessary legal knowledge to pursue your case, you must work together in order to put forward the strongest claim.
- Choose an attorney who communicates efficiently. Your attorney should return your calls and emails promptly, within a reasonable amount of time. He or she should also be willing to provide you with frequent updates about the status of your case.
- Choose an attorney with a track record for success pursuing third party work injury claims—especially those involving natural gas platform workers. Do not be afraid to ask a potential lawyer for references or to review client testimonials.
- Choose an attorney with experience working with the rules and regulations of such organizations as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Also the American Petroleum Institute, the American National Standards Institute, and the American Society for Testing and Materials. This knowledge may be crucial to a claim involving injuries suffered due to a natural gas platform accident.
- Choose an attorney who truly understands the difficulties that you face. Natural gas workers who are injured on the job often face significant medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering as a result of the accident. Your attorney should understand this and be willing to fight hard in your corner in order to obtain the maximum possible compensation for your claim.
As with any other type of injury claim, the law imposes a time limitation for pursuing a claim for compensation against a third party. It is therefore crucial to act quickly in order to protect your legal rights. Contact us today at 888-894-0119 for a free consultation.