Do I need to hire an attorney for my Houston medical malpractice case?

Comments (0)

Yes, if you have been harmed by a doctor, nurse, hospital, pharmacist, or other health care professional, and that harm resulted in injuries to you, you need to speak with an attorney. Typically, medical malpractice cases are among some of the most complicated causes of action. In addition, in Texas the medical malpractice laws are stacked against plaintiffs.

Medical malpractice case are cases in which a medical professional failed to follow the proper standard of care, and a patient was harmed as a result. Medical malpractice cases tend to take longer than other types of personal injury case and it is not unusual for them to drag on for years. Typically, after a victim visits an attorney, there is an investigation into the circumstances, a lawsuit is filed, discovery takes place, and ultimately the case settles or goes to trial. Each of those stages of the case can take a significant length of time.

Instead of attempting to handle a medical malpractice case yourself, you should find an attorney with whom you are comfortable. Medical malpractice attorneys normally offer free consultations, and this can be an opportunity to not only get to know the attorney but also to hear the attorney’s case strategy for your case. You can get recommendations from other attorneys with whom you have worked, friends and family members, or others.

It’s important that if you have been harmed by a medical professional, that you speak with an attorney quickly. The statute of limitations is running on your case so it is critical that you begin quickly. If you have been injured by a medical professional in Houston, call the Houston medical malpractice attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We can help. Call us today to learn more about our firm, or visit the firm’s Twitter page to learn more.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.