What should I do immediately after a slip and fall accident?

Comments (0)

If you have ever had a fall on someone else's property, such as a restaurant, hotel, apartment building, you may be wondering what you can do to obtain compensation. If the fall was because of the owner's negligence, you may be able to sue for your damages. However, in order to obtain damages, you will need to provide evidence that the fall was due to their negligence, and not simply your clumsiness.

Therefore, if you fall, there are steps you should take to help your case later. Although after a serious fall, you are probably not thinking about suing, if you wait too long to take action, you may have a harder time obtaining damages. After a fall, after seeking medical care, you should make a report at the location where you fell. You may speak with a store manager, landlord, or owner. Tell that individual where you fell and what caused you to fall. Make a note of the individual who wrote the report, and ask for a copy of it. If you are too injured to make a report immediately, call as soon as you are able to make a report.

You should also take pictures of the exact area where the fall occurred, including any substance on the floor that may have caused you to fall, and any injuries or damage to your clothing. You should also keep other evidence, including the shoes and clothes you were wearing when you fell, and well as any receipts or other proof that you were visiting that location. You should also take the names and contact information for any witnesses that saw you fall.

Finally, you should call a qualified Houston personal injury attorney. Call Kennedy Hodges at 888-894-0119, or visit us on Twitter. We will be happy to schedule your free consultation today.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.