I have a huge scar after my car accident in Houston. Can I seek damages for the scar in court?

Comments (0)

Yes, you can seek damages if you have a scar after an automobile accident in Houston. Scars can be not only physically painful, but also emotionally painful. Scars can be small and fade quickly, or they may be more intense and cause physical deformities and other issues that need medical treatment. Whatever the situation with your scar, yes, you may be able to seek damages in court for your scar, if it was caused by another person’s wrongful actions.

Scarring is what happens when the skin heals itself from an injury. The body produces a protein called collagen to close the wound. As the wound heals, the collagen breaks down and is replaced continually over months and years. Scars become smoother and less visible over time, and generally are not painful. However, some scars are much more severe, do not fade as easily, and can affect mobility. For scars that restrict mobility or cause deformities, there are some medical procedures that can be done. The scar may be able to be surgically removed. Dermabrasion can remove the upper layer of skin, which can help smooth and soften the scar tissue. If the scar is very serious and affect a person’s mobility, skin grafting may be done.

After an accident that involves scars, you may be able to hold the wrongdoer responsible for your scars in court. One of the more difficult aspects of the case is assessing a value for the injury. Some accidents that cause scars only involve small medical expenses. However, scars can be very damaging for some people, and an attorney can help convey that damage to a jury.

If you have been scarred as the result of an accident in the Houston area, call the Houston personal injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We can help with your case. Call us today or visit us on Facebook to learn more about our team.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.