I have developed reflex sympathetic dystrophy after an accident. What are my legal options?

Comments (0)

I am sorry to hear about your condition. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) is a chronic pain condition. Typically, it affects the arms or the legs. It can involve a group of symptoms including burning or aching pain, tenderness, increased skin sensitivity, swelling, stiffness, muscle spasms, changes in skin temperature, color, and texture, and discoloration.

RSD often occurs after a traumatic injury. The injury may be minor or it can be very severe. The causes of RSD are not completely understood, but some experts believe that the trauma to a particular area of the body can cause irritation of nervous system tissues, which can lead to impulses in the nerves.

In many cases, RSD begins with swelling, redness, changes in skin temperature, and hypersensitivity. Many patients become worse over time, and the symptoms may increase or worsen. The symptoms of RSD vary a lot based on the individual.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for RSD. Instead, typically a health care provider will try to treat the painful symptoms of the disease. Treatment is most effective when it is started early after the initial trauma. If RSD is not treated and the condition is allowed to progress, it may be irreversible.

Many victims of RSD are accused of lying about the condition. RSD can be hard to prove. Once a victim can prove that he or she has it, the victim then must prove what caused it. Even though RSD cases can be difficult, it’s important to pursue a case if you have RSD which was caused by another party’s negligence.

Call the Houston personal injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707 if you have RSD and you need to speak with an attorney about your options. We will provide you with a free consultation on your case. Call us now or visit us on YouTube to learn more.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.