I was hurt in a bicycle accident by a hit-and-run driver in Houston. What can I legally do?

Comments (0)

When bicyclists are in an accident with motor vehicles, they can be seriously hurt. They have very little protective gear and are typically traveling at a much slower rate of speed than the automobile. When an automobile driver hits a bicyclist and then flees, the situation is made much worse. The bicyclist may feel that they have no recourse to receive financial compensation for their injuries.

It’s been estimated that in about 20 percent of bicycle accidents involving automobiles, the automobile driver flees the scene. Fortunately, it can be hard for the fleeing drivers to get away undetected. The police can help find evidence from surveillance videos in the area, eyewitnesses (who may have had cell phone camera footage), and even social media. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident with a hit and run driver, you must file a police report and give the police a chance to find the perpetrator.

In some cases, the police may not be able to find the person who hit you. Even if the police are unsuccessful, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injuries through your own automobile insurance policy. Many policies contain uninsured motorist coverage that will pay for injuries in a hit-and-run accident, even if the victim is riding a bike at the time of the accident.

If you have been injured in a hit-and-run bicycle accident in Houston, you should speak with an attorney. An attorney can help you obtain compensation for your injuries. Call the Houston bicycle accident attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. You can call us to learn more about your case, or visit our Facebook page to learn more.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.