My father was injured in a nursing home accident in Houston. How much money can he expect to receive if he sues?

Comments (0)

It can be a very difficult decision to choose to put an elderly parent into a nursing home. However, in most cases it is no longer possible to care for that person in the home. When an accident occurs, or if the nursing home provides a poor level of care which results in health problems, the family members may be racked with guilt over the decision. Instead of allowing guilt to take over, you should evaluate all of your loved one’s legal rights.

Nursing homes today are more crowded than ever, in part because of the aging baby boomer generation. With so many residents and obligations, it is common for nursing home staff to make mistakes and to cut corners, which can result in accidents and health problems for residents. Any nursing home resident who is harmed by the negligence of a staff member has a right to sue for damages.

Many victims of nursing home negligence want to know how much the case is worth. That depends a great deal on the circumstances involved. In most cases, a nursing home resident who suffers serious injuries or health problems as a result of negligence will not receive as much as a younger person who was injured and will have to deal with those injuries and the accompanying medical expenses for the rest of his or her life. However, it is not uncommon for nursing home residents to receive large settlements – it simply depends on the severity of the injuries and the circumstances that led to those injuries.

Call the personal injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707 if your parent or loved one was harmed as a result of poor care in a Houston-area nursing home. We can help. Call us today to learn more or to schedule a free consultation. You can also visit us on Twitter

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.