My leg was amputated because of an issue with my circulatory system. I think doctors could have done more to save my leg. Can I sue my doctors in Houston for medical malpractice?

Comments (0)

I am very sorry to hear about your amputation. Circulation problems, particularly related to peripheral arterial disease and diabetes, are a major cause of amputations in the U.S. Although amputations can be avoided if the right treatments are offered, in some cases the disease is allowed to progress so far that an amputation is the only solution.

If you have a blockage or a narrowing of the arteries that supply blood to your lower extremities, that means that the circulation to your legs is reduced. Your legs and feet may develop serious pain. If the condition continues, foot ulcers can develop. You could even develop black areas on your fees, toes, or legs.

If you see any signs that you have circulatory problems, you should see your doctor. If your condition is left untreated, typically your pain will increase. Eventually, the tissue in your lower extremities will begin to die, which can cause infections and even gangrene. Your doctor may recommend amputation. However, as a patient, it is critical to remember that amputation should be a last result. You should always get a second opinion before agreeing to an amputation. It’s likely that your doctor would not have recommended amputation if the limb could be saved, but you should ask another medical expert’s opinion.

In some situations, your doctor may have failed to properly diagnose your condition, which resulted in an amputation. If you believe that your limb could have been saved if your doctor had acted more quickly, you may wish to consult with an attorney. An attorney can request and evaluate your medical records, and consult with experts who can make a recommendation about whether or not you have a strong case.

If you are interested in learning more about your legal options after an amputation, call the Houston medical malpractice attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We can help you with your case. You may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and more. Call today to learn more, or visit our firm on our Google+ page.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.