My loved one is in a nursing home in the Houston area that I consider to be of poor quality. Can I sue?

Comments (0)

Unfortunately, poor care in a nursing home has become a normal part of life for many residents. As the baby boomers age, more companies are entering the industry with their primary motivation being profits. As a result, corners get cut and many necessary services get reduced or even eliminated. This results in nursing home patients suffering harm during their stays. If your loved one has suffered harm during a nursing home stay, he or she may be entitled to compensation as a result.

Normally, there are signs of poor nursing home care that may be evident before injuries occur. Some common signs are weight loss, bed sores, unexplained bruises or broken bones, sudden death, emotional withdrawal, and patients wandering from the facility. There are state laws in effect that are designed to protect nursing home residents in Texas, and if a facility fails to follow those laws, the facility can be held liable later.

If you suspect your loved one’s nursing home may be responsible for any unexplained injuries, there are steps you should take. First, speak to the individuals in charge at the home and at the corporate level about the injuries. If you believe an injury is likely to occur again, you should take steps to move your loved one. You may also choose to reach out to Texas authorities about the situation.

Nursing home negligence or abuse can take a huge toll on both the resident and their family. If you wish to hold the nursing home financially responsible for injuries, you should speak with an attorney. If you’re in the Houston area, call the Houston nursing home negligence attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We can help. Call us today to learn more, or visit our Twitter page to learn more about the firm.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.