My SUV had a rollover accident. What are my legal rights?

Comments (0)

In the 1990s and early 2000s, there was an epidemic of sports utility vehicle rollovers. Fortunately, necessary safety changes have been implemented which have greatly reduced the odds of a rollover in an accident. However, SUV rollovers still occur. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, thousands of people are killed annually in rollover accidents.

SUVs are much more likely to roll over in an accident than smaller passenger vehicles. In vehicles with a higher center of gravity and a narrower body, like SUVs, the vehicles can become unstable. The NHTSA introduced a rollover rating system in 2001 to notify the public of the risk of some vehicles rolling over.

Today, SUVs are much safer. Electronic stability control helps drivers maintain control over SUVs on wet roads and during turns. SUV roofs now are much stronger, which can reduce the odds of a roof crushing during a rollover. Also, SUV designs now are much more stable. SUVs are now considered some of the safest vehicles on the roads.

However, SUVs still roll over during crashes. Sometimes safety features malfunction, or you may be riding in an older SUV without the necessary safety features. Unfortunately, accident victims that are injured in rollover crashes often suffer terrible injuries, particularly if a seat belt is not in use. If you or your loved one has been injured in a rollover accident, you may have a claim against the automobile manufacturer or the other driver. You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and wrongful death.

Call the personal injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707 if you have been injured in an SUV rollover crash in the Houston area. We can help. Call today or visit us on YouTube to learn more about the firm.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.