What are my legal options if my child was killed in an accident in Houston?

Comments (0)

We are sorry to hear about the death of your child. For a parent, nothing is more painful than the loss of a child. The grief and sense of loss can be overwhelming. If the death was caused by the negligent actions of others, the death is even more tragic.

Parents who have lost a child not only have to deal with their grief, they also may have large expenses including medical bills and funeral bills. Due to those expenses, some parents choose to hire an attorney after the death of a child. In some cases, the attorney may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit, which can help compensate for those losses. Some common types of cases in which a parent may sue for the wrongful death of a child include automobile accidents, medical malpractice, a defective consumer product, a drowning death, and a problem with a defective prescription drug.

Texas has laws that can help hold individuals who are responsible for the death of a child accountable for their actions. Close family members can file a wrongful death claim against the responsible parties. The plaintiffs can seek compensation for out-of-pocket expenses, as well as for their emotional pain and suffering. In some cases, the defendant may be forced to pay punitive damage, which are designed to punish the wrongdoer.

If you have lost a child because of a third party’s negligent actions, you should speak with an attorney. Although you may not feel like addressing the issue now, time limitations do apply, and a skillful attorney can take a load off you and allow you to focus on your recovery.

Call the Houston wrongful death attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707 to discuss your case with our knowledgeable attorneys. We can help. Call us today or visit us on LinkedIn to learn more about our firm. 

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.