Toll-Free: 855-947-0707
Phone: 202-796-6662
Kennedy Hodges L.L.P.

What can I do if I got an Incorrect or Delayed Diagnosis from a Doctor?

Comments (0)

In order to successfully treat a disease or a medical problem, you of course must know what needs to be treated. Unfortunately, often doctors or other medical professionals fail to recognize a medical problem until it is either too late, or becomes much harder to treat.medical-malpractice-lawyer-georgia.jpg

In some cases, a patient may visit a Houston doctor complaining of certain symptoms. The doctor may choose to treat the underlying symptoms. For example, a patient may be experiencing problems with digestion, which the doctor may attempt to treat. However, the doctor may not have even attempted to discover the cause of the problems, which could be colon cancer. If that occurs, the patient may discover the problem later, which could mean a more painful and aggressive treatment that would have been involved if the person had been correctly diagnosed in the first place. In some cases, it's too late to treat by the time it's discovered.

In some cases, the doctor failed to gather a patient's complete medical history, which would have told the doctor which diseases he or she should be alert for. The doctor may have neglected to order the proper tests which would have uncovered the cause of the illness. Test results could have been misinterpreted. In some cases, the doctor chooses an improper therapy for the patient's condition. In other cases, the doctor may have the abnormal test results, but fails to take any follow-up action.

If you believe that your medical condition should have been diagnosed earlier, and that you were harmed as a result of the failure to do so, call the Houston medical malpractice attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 713-489-9493. After a careful review of your medical history, our attorneys can let you know whether you have a case for medical malpractice, or whether there was nothing the doctors could have done differently. Call us to learn more about your legal options.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.