What should I do after I have been harmed in an accident on a construction job site in Houston?

Comments (0)

If you have been harmed on a construction site in Houston, you should speak with an attorney. Construction companies have a legal responsibility to implement safety rules and guidelines to provide a safe environment for their workers. If an employer provides an unsafe environment, the construction equipment is defective, or the workers are untrained or reckless, accidents can happen.

State and federal governments have passed laws that protect the rights of workers who are hurt in the workplace. However, obtaining full compensation can be complex, particularly if the injuries are severe. Workers’ compensation only provides limited benefits that cover medical costs and time off work. In many cases, this is not sufficient to properly compensate an accident victim. Also, many employers do not carry workers’ compensation insurance.

If you have been injured in an accident at work, you should seek medical attention right away. You also need to file a report with your employer if you are physically able. If you are able, you should also take pictures of the scene and make a list of witnesses. You should also document what happened to you while the incident is fresh in your mind. Finally, you should speak with a personal injury attorney with experience in handling construction accidents.

Call the Houston construction accident attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We will provide you with a free consultation on your case. Call us today or visit us on Google+ to learn more.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.