What should I do if I injured my spinal cord in Houston?

Comments (0)

Spinal cord injuries can be among the toughest injuries from which to recover. Generally, if you injured your spinal cord because of the wrongful actions of a third party, you should speak to an attorney. You may be able to recover money for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Members of your family may also be able to recover compensation for your injuries.

It’s critical that you be able to identify who hurt you in order to recover for your damages. In some cases, multiple parties are involved. If so, you can bring the case against one of them or all of them. If you cannot identify who caused your injuries, you are most likely out of luck.

Typically, in order to be successful in a spinal cord injury case, you need to prove that the defendant owed you a legal duty, that duty was breached, the breach of that duty caused your injuries, and as a result of those injuries you suffered damages. It’s common in spinal cord injuries to sue someone who assaulted you, a medical doctor who gave you substandard care, a driver who hit you, or a property owner with a dangerous condition on their property.

If your spinal cord has been injured in an accident caused by another party, it’s important that you speak with an attorney as soon after the accident as possible. Unfortunately, spinal cord injuries are very serious and usually require a lifetime of medical treatment. You should get as much compensation as you can for your injuries right away.

If you have suffered a spinal cord accident in Houston, call the Houston spinal cord injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We will provide you with a free consultation on your case. You can also visit us on Google Plus to learn more about our firm. 

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.