What should I do if I’m suffering serious side effects from a prescription drug?

Comments (0)

I’m sorry to hear about your side effects. The issue of side effects from a prescription medication can be tricky. Some doctors prescribe medications to patients without sufficiently warning them of the side effects involved. This can even happen with good doctors. In some cases, the prescription drug’s packaging does not clearly communicate the possible side effects. The drug manufacturer may not have done sufficient testing to be aware of the side effects, or could be actively trying to hide them.

With new drugs coming into the market regularly, it can be difficult for physicians to keep up with each drug available and the possible side effects of each drug. In many cases, doctors attend seminars on new drugs that are hosted by the drug companies themselves. Obviously, those drug companies have an interest in minimizing side effects, in order to put their drugs in the hands of consumers.

As a patient, you should take steps to educate yourself on a drug before taking it. This should involve talking to your doctor, as well as the pharmacist. You may also visit the drug manufacturer’s website. It’s important to know the potential side effects, as well as any symptoms of withdrawal if you choose to stop taking it. If you do have what you believe to be a side effect, you should tell your doctor as well as ask for the patient prescribing information, which will contain a detailed account of the medication and its potential side effects.

Finally, if you do have an adverse side effect that you believe seriously harmed you, you may wish to speak to an attorney. There may be legal steps you can take. Call the Houston personal injury attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 855-947-0707. We may be able to help. Call today to learn more.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.