Injuries occurring while on the job can leave an employee feeling frightened and overwhelmed. Often, the worker may be unable to return to work to earn an income at the same time that costly medical and rehabilitation bills are quickly adding up. Injured workers may typically pursue a workers’ compensation claim. Unfortunately, these claims may not be sufficient to fully compensate an injured worker for all of his or her losses resulting from the accident. To obtain additional compensation, the employee may need to pursue an injury claim against a third party.
Six Reasons to Use an Attorney When Pursuing a Third-Party Workplace Injury Claim
When pursuing a third-party injury claim after a workplace accident, it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney guiding you through the process. Why? The following are six common reasons:
- Third-party injury claims are often worth far more than workers’ compensation claims. With so much money at stake, it is crucial to have the strongest possible team in your corner.
- A knowledgeable attorney will recognize which parties are potentially liable for your workplace injuries.
- An experienced attorney will understand the opportunities for third-party injury claims where someone with less knowledge may overlook a potential claim.
- An attorney will conduct a diligent investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding the accident and injury to build a strong case against the third party.
- An attorney can help to ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated for your injuries. Without having a strong legal team on your side, third parties may pressure you to accept inadequate settlements for the losses resulting from your injuries.
- If a workers’ compensation insurer places a lien on your case, your attorney can help negotiate the lien on your behalf.
Interested in learning more about protecting your legal rights after a workplace injury? We are here to help. We encourage you to reach out today for a free consultation at 888-894-0119.