Am I entitled to damages for my pain and suffering after a workplace injury?

If you are injured while working on the job, you may feel overwhelmed by the expenses that you now face. Medical and rehabilitative treatments are often extremely costly. In addition, you may be unable to return to work for a substantial amount of time following the accident. Emotionally, the pain and suffering you experience as a result of the accident may cause significant harm to your well-being. Victims of workplace injuries may be entitled to compensation for these various types of losses.

Six Kinds of Damages for Injured Workers

Injured workers may be entitled to compensation from a third party for their emotional pain and suffering after a workplace injury. Other types of damages that may be awarded due to a third-party injury claim include the following:

  1. Compensation for your medical expenses, both past and future
  2. Compensation for your loss of income, including future wages if you are unable to return to work
  3. Compensation for the expenses incurred as a result of your injuries
  4. Compensation for rehabilitation necessary to recover from your injury
  5. Compensation for disability or disfigurement that may result from your injury
  6. Compensation for your spouse for loss of consortium

In addition, in cases where employees are killed on the job, surviving family members may have a wrongful death claim in which they can recover further financial damages.

If you are considering a third-party injury claim after a workplace accident, we strongly recommend that you obtain guidance from a knowledgeable legal professional. We have helped many clients obtain the compensation that they deserve. We encourage you to check out our many client testimonials to learn more.


David Hodges
Connect with me
David Hodges is a founding partner of Kennedy Hodges. He focuses his practice on personal injury claims.