When a doctor prescribes a medication, very few patients think to question the drug’s safety before taking it. It is natural for patients to put their faith and trust in their medical professional’s opinion as to the safety and usefulness of a particular medicine. Unfortunately, history has shown that some of these drugs later turn out to be dangerous to the patients who take them. Xarelto is one of those drugs.
Five Ways Xarelto Is Potentially Dangerous to Your Health
Xarelto was approved by the FDA in 2011 and has been widely used since that time to reduce the risk of blood clots in patients. It is currently one of the top prescribed anticoagulant medications on the market. Why is it so dangerous to patients who take it? The following is an overview:
- Xarelto has been linked to hundreds of cases of injuries as well as deaths
- Victims may suffer from internal as well as gastrointestinal bleeding
- Users also report feelings of numbness and tingling, and muscle weakness
- Other users have reported fainting after taking the drug
- Still more users have listed unusual bleeding or bleeding that will not stop as a side effect
Fortunately, the FDA has thus far refused several attempts by the drug’s manufacturer and marketer, Bayer and Johnson & Johnson, to expand the use of the medicine into other areas. For those needing anticoagulant medications, however, the risk is still present if this medication is taken as prescribed. If you or a loved one were prescribed this drug, it is important to discuss your concerns with your physician before proceeding. If you have already taken the drug and suffered injury as a result, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to act quickly, however. We encourage you to reach out today for a complimentary consultation at 888-894-0119.