Case Update: June 30, 2011
According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, the owner of Ashley Furniture HomeStore has violated the Fair Labor Standards Act. The company has to pay more than $57,000 in back wages to 170 current and former employees from four of its Texas stores.
There was a long list of violations that sparked the U.S. Department of Labor investigations. The overtime lawyers at Kennedy Hodges L.L.P. help employees with similar violations on a daily basis.
Some of those violations include:
- Misclassifying employees as exempt from overtime according to the FLSA;
- Taking deductions from employees for postage, business cards, name tags, and other materials, which is illegal;
- Not ensuring that commissioned employees are making at least minimum wage;
- Paying straight time when overtime pay is due;
- Refusing to compensate employees for mandatory meetings.
If you are an employee who is facing problems similar to those of the 170 Ashley Furniture employees, you need information. Contact the Houston overtime lawyers at Kennedy Hodges at 888-449-2068 for your free case evaluation and a free copy of Ten Biggest Mistakes That Can Hurt Your Wage and Overtime Claim.