What You Need to Know After a Pharmacy Error or Prescription Medication Mistake
The attorneys at Kennedy Hodges have seen countless victims’ lives turned upside-down by prescription drug errors. In the weeks following the error, most victims focus on recovery rather than building a case against the pharmacy—and as a result, crucial evidence may be lost in the shuffle.
We know that your first priority after a medical mistake is your family. That’s why our attorneys have compiled everything you need to know after a Texas medication error into a step-by-step guide, which we offer to all victims free of charge.
Our free book contains valuable information for your pharmacy error case, including:
- Common mistakes that can hurt your pharmacy malpractice claim
- The steps to establish your pharmacy error case
- Why “minor” prescription injuries should always be reported
- Who was really at fault for the medication mistake
- What pharmacies will do to prevent you from taking legal action
- How to choose a Texas pharmacy error attorney
- What you can expect in your legal battle against a pharmacy
- How your case will benefit other victims
- Answers to frequently asked pharmacy error questions
Many chain pharmacies would rather pay off a small percentage of claims instead of hiring more pharmacists at each location. In this way, they are betting that the costs of claims will be much less than hiring full-time, competent staff—a business practice that puts the public at risk and tries to discredit victims when their pharmacies make mistakes.
The only way to hold pharmacies accountable is to make them pay for their mistakes. When you hire an experienced prescription drug error attorney, you are letting the pharmacy know that you are willing to take them to trial for their mistake. The damages they will have to pay will motivate them to prevent these errors from happening again.
To order your free copy of this book, simply complete and submit the form on this page, or call Kennedy Hodges at 888-894-0119 today.